Formula 1 - pure adrenaline
Tires squeal, the smell of fuel hangs in the air and all eyes are on the finish line. And DHL as global partner and the official logistics provider for Formula 1 is front and center.
Each Formula 1 race requires complex logistics be put into motion. DHL has specialized units, located in England and Italy, to coordinate the transport of cars, equipment and fuel to all F1 tracks around the world by air, sea and land.
From race cars, replacement parts and pit-crew equipment to special fuel and the furnishings of the VIP "Paddock Club" - the 20 experts in DHL's special teams move around 300 tons of material for each race weekend. DHL also has a 24-hour service point at the racetrack run from its own motor home.
DHL has 20 years of motor sport experience behind its work in the field of Formula 1 racing. DHL serves as a global partner and the official logistics provider for Formula 1. Both Formula 1 and DHL rely on speed, precision and teamwork for their success.
DHL Fastest Lap Trophy
That's why DHL sponsors the "DHL Fastest Lap Trophy". The trophy winner will be the driver who accumulates the largest number of fastest laps during the season.
"By linking the DHL brand to the award for the Fastest Lap Trophy, we want to show that you can be fast only when performance, endurance and reliability are finely tuned and all team members pull together," says Wolfgang Giehl, Director of Corporate Advertising and Branding at Deutsche Post DHL.
"The DHL Fastest Lap Trophy recognizes the very things that make Formula 1: speed and organization. The very things that DHL portray. We rely on the most successful partner in this sector," says Bernie Ecclestone, Chairman and CEO of Formula 1 Management.
More facts about Formula 1
- A Formula 1 engine is composed of 5,000 individual parts.
- About 20,000 individual items are transported by air to each overseas race site.
- It takes seven weeks for equipment to travel by ship from Europe to Melbourne for the opening race.
- Last-minute deliveries to the race locations can be made in less than 24 hours.
- The material and equipment for each overseas race is enough freight to fill 100 trucks.
- The largest component transported is the the unibody or 'monocoque' of an F1 car, which can be 60 carbon-fiber layers in thickness. Each carbon-fiber layer is approximately six micrometers thick.
- DHL transports over 1 million liters of fuel to Formula 1 races each year.
Formula 1™ - delivered by DHL
The key to success
In a sport where anything can happen, it needs a logistics company that is prepared for everything. DHL is the Official Logistics Partner of Formula 1™ and guarantees absolute competence all across the world through its global network and unmatchable experience. Find out more! www.dhl.com/formula1