A unique culture of mutual respect and openness
What really sets Inhouse Consulting apart from the rest is our team. Individuals from different cultural and intellectual backgrounds create an inspiring, open-minded atmosphere. Alongside their educational achievements, we always look at people as a whole: assessing their talents, passion, opinions and personality. We know that we demand the best but, in return, we provide a highly professional, supportive and exciting work environment.
See how we live our unique culture in practice. Here are the stories of our employees who create excellence every day.
Associate Partner Deutsche Post DHL IT Management Consulting Bonn
- 2004 - present Deutsche Post DHL Inhouse Consulting Bonn
- 2000 - 2004 Research and teaching position at the University of Mainz
- 2000 - 2004 PhD in Mathematics at the University of Mainz
- 1995 - 2000 Studies in Mathematics at the University of Bonn
Family life and career excellence go hand-in-hand
Konrad Grunewald, a project manager at Inhouse Consulting, Bonn, announced that he wanted to take a year off because his wife had been accepted at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). Together we have found a solution to align Konrad’s new perspective with our wish to keep him: In August 2007, he took a year’s parental leave to live in LA with his wife and to have time for his children. Six months after his return Konrad was promoted from Senior Consultant to Project Manager. „I was very happy about how supportive Inhouse Consulting was. It is more than just a matter of work-life balance. Inhouse Consulting aims to develop strong and open-minded personalities.”
Global Head Business Development and Sector Strategy Global Forwarding, Freight
- Since 2010 Global Head Business Development and Sector Strategy
at DHL Global Forwarding, Freight
- 2004 - 2010 Deutsche Post DHL, Inhouse Consulting, Bonn and
- 2002 - 2004 Consultant, TIM Consult GmbH, Mannheim
- 2002 Thesis at Siemens AG, Information and Communication
mobile, Munich 2002: Internship at PwC, Frankfurt/Main
- 2000 Internship at Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Vienna
- 1999 Internship at Deutsche Bahn AG, Frankfurt/Main
- 1996 - 2002 University of Jena, Germany
- 1997 - 1998 University of Bergen, Norway
- 1998 University of Navarra in San Sébastian, Spain
Foreign cultures and international experience
After starting her career at a small consulting firm specializing in logistics, Andrea Christ was looking for new challenges in the area of international logistics. Her goal was to work more frequently on strategic projects, operate in international settings and be part of a company where employees continuously have the opportunity to grow. When she came to one of our Recruiting Days and heard several consultants talk about the interesting projects we had around the world, she knew at once that this was the place for her. "Life at IC meets all of my expectations for a modern, challenging work environment. I have been part of all sorts of projects in various specialty fields. I have traveled across Europe and have even been to China. Inhouse Consulting has also given me the opportunity to make one of my biggest dreams come true – I have been living in Singapore since July 2006 and am really happy to be actively contributing to our consulting work in this region."
Having finished my studies in Information Engineering and Management, I aimed for a career at the interface of business and IT. ITMC turned out to be the ideal employer for realizing this: Advising managers of IT organizations in business decisions. With ITMC as a small but select team with motivated and likeable people being embedded in a globally acting enterprise I have the perfect combination of a familiar home base in Bonn and multiple exciting projects in various business divisions and locations around the world.
My first week at ITMC did not have anything to do with IT or consulting. During an all-embracing introduction into DPWN I not only gained insight into a mail and a parcel center, but even got the chance to try myself out as a mailman for a day! After a few exciting weeks in one of the DPWN data centers in Prague I continued with a project in the Mail division in Bonn.The fact that my ITMC colleagues and I are not regarded as “external” consultants by the client department, but rather as trustful members in their team, makes my daily work special.
In my spare time I like to be outside and discover near and far away places - be it on skis, by bike, with inline skates or hiking boots.Or I just relax with a thrilling book in the late afternoon sun on my balcony over the rooftops of Bonn…
- 2007 - today Deutsche Post DHL Inhouse Consulting, IT Management Consulting
- 2007 Diploma thesis at Sun Microsystems, Inc., Singapore
- 2005 Intern at Berata GmbH, IT Consulting, Germany
- 2003 Intern at Ebner, Stolz & Partner, Auditing, Germany
- 2004 - 2005 Study abroad year at NTNU Trondheim, Norway
- 2001 - 2007 Diploma in Information Engineering and Management at University of Karlsruhe (TH), Germany